What's new on this site: January-March 2010
For more details, with links, of the latest batch of updates, see the
28 March 2010:
In the Feet of Fines section, abstracts of fines for Norfolk (1485-1509) (122 fines), Suffolk (1485-1509) (99 fines) and Lincolnshire (1359-1370) (373 fines) have been added.
Medieval source material on the Internet:
Public records: Common law records:
- Abstracts of Kent entries in King's Bench roll number 221, Trinity Term 1315 (KB 27/221) (Kenneth Jacob)
Includes names of people and places, and brief details of the plea.
- G. Blacker Morgan, ed., Catalogue of the Tombs In the Churches of the City of London, A.D. 1666. (1885) (Internet Archive - Text Archive)
Alphabetical list of tombs in the churches of London, based on a work by Payne Fisher published in 1668, but supplemented by information from Stow's Survey of London and other sources.
Church records and religious houses:
- Listing of Clergy of England from the 12th century to 1500 (Kenneth Jacob)
Alphabetical listing, in progress, of clerics mentioned in various sources, many of them unpublished.
Medieval (and early modern) armorials:
- Nicholas Harris Nicolas, ed., A Roll of Arms, of the reign of Edward the Second (1829) (Google Books)
Edition of the Parliamentary Roll, of c. 1312, with an introduction, index and ordinary.
Victoria County History:
- Oxfordshire, volume 2 (1907) (Google Books)
For older additions, see: