What's new on this site: July-September 2011
For more details, with links, of the latest batch of updates, see the
8 July 2011:
In the Feet of Fines section, abstracts of fines for Yorkshire (1407-1485) (718 fines) have been added.
Links to images of the original feet of fines on the Anglo-American Legal Tradition website have also been added for: Kent (1399-1405), Northumberland (1355-1509) and Yorkshire (1448-1485).
I am very grateful to James Poynor for sending me photographs of several medieval documents in his possession, together with transcripts and translations of them. The details are as follows:
Medieval source material on the Internet:
- Bertha Haven Putnam, The Enforcement of the Statutes of Labourers During the First Decade after the Black Death 1349-1359. (1908) (McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought)
About two thirds of the work consists of transcripts of contemporary sources, including many personal names.
County and local history:
- Inhabitants of Bourne in Lincolnshire and its neighbouring villages in the period 1100 - 1500 (Kenneth Jacob, My Jacob Family)
Details taken from various records, in progress.
- Dave Postles, Oseney Abbey Studies. (2008)
A collection of papers on the history of Oseney Abbey, Oxfordshire.
- Winslow History (Winslow History Project)
Project to make available documents and photographs relating to Winslow, Buckinghamshire, including sections on Wills and inventories and Medieval Winslow.
- Lichfield Wills (Dave Postles, Leicester University)
List of wills proved at Lichfield, to 1546.
Heralds' Visitations and the College of Arms:
- John W. Clay, ed., The Visitation of Cambridge Made in A[nn]o . Continued and enlarged w[i]th the Vissitation of the same county made ... In A[nn]o 1619 ... (1897) (Internet Archive - Text Archive)
For older additions, see: